Subject: Re: [Leica] which M for me
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:03:03 -0600

     o.k. i'll bite...
     i currently have a couple of 2-stroke M-3's and a handful of black
     M4's (3 MOT's). as mentioned, so eloquently by another party, the
     advance of the early M3 is silky smooth and the shutter is whisper
     quiet. it is still my favorite and is not based on the fact that
     one of them has been with me for 25 years ago. the M4 is easier to
     use, mostly due to the updated film loading and rewinding. i like
     the M3 viewfinder because i can open my left eye while viewing and
     not get confused...about viewing that is...;-) i have been shooting
     badly lit stages for so long that i use a pentax 1 degree spot for
     any situation, so inboard metering is not at issue.
     ...and for some strange reason i '2-stroke' *both* bodies. hhmmmm
     if it weren't for the fact that black M4's have that 'look'...
     well...i'll just leave it at that.

     regards
     jerry
     p.s. what's the big deal with the glass pressure plate again ?