Subject: [Leica] R7 was which SLR for me
From: jib <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 13:15:04 -0800

I have to agree about the R7, I have owned R's from the 3 to the 7 and
the 7 is my favorite camera.  Leica added a light height to the camera
and it fits my hand and my style of shooting so much better.  On the 4,
5, and 6, I added the motor because I prefer the added weight and
height.  The only thing that I do not like about the 7 is that you can
not power the camera from the motor drive batteries like you can on the
older bodies.

    The 60mm is a incredible piece of glass,  I am constantly impressed
by it's optical quality.  My other favorites are the 35 R 2.0, 21F2.8R,
24mmR f2.8, 180 F 4R, 90R F 2.   Even though I love using my M cameras,
there is something special aboout loking thru Leica lens. Now, if I can
only get that 180 F 2, and 280 F 2.8, and 2 motor driven R8's into my
christmas stocking, I will be a happy camper.

John Buford
N3bvh