Subject: [Leica] <OFF TOPIC>Scanner/SCSI help request
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:56:03 -0600

LUG,

Anyone able to offer advice on the following?

I have installed an Orange Micro 906F SCSI card in my new Blue and White
Mac G3.  I can not get it to recognize my scanner.  I am using a Polaroid
Sprint Scan scanner.  I have downloaded the app from Orange Micro that
should allow the card to seize the scanner...it recognizes my scanner,
but at boot the system freezes as it is loading in the scanner extension.

I have checked to see if the silverfast software will work...no go as
they do not make a version for my scanner.

Any ideas how to get my computer/photoshop to recognize my scanner?  It
has worked well on my powerbook and on a windoze box with a scsi card.

Why did Mac take out the built in SCSI...geesh...but this computer is
FAST...no not fast more like SUDDEN!  It is through before I finish
thinking what I want it to do!

Oh and if any of you are looking for a color printer...I got the Stylus
Photo ex, it comes with Photoshop 4.0 LE.  A nice little printer and is
postscript capable with a small software upgrade.

TIA

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto