Subject: [Leica] Re: which M for me?
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:03:57 -0800

I've owned all the traditional M bodies M3, M2, M4, M4-2, M4-P and M6. If I were
buying a primary body today, I would buy an M6. No question. If money were an
issue, my second choice would be an M2. It's the least expensive body with 35mm
framelines.  The most durable body I ever owned was an M4. For some reason it
was knocked around and took more hard falls than any other body I've owned. But
it kept on ticking. If you get anthing older than an M4-P, seriously consider a
CLA (approx $250 if nothing major) and factor that into the price. It's amazing
what a good technician can do to a Leica M, and it's a joy to use any M body
that's up to spec.

Dave