Subject: [Leica] Re: which M for me?
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:16:57 -0800

Tina

>>I really like the meter in the M6 but my M3 DS has a special feel that I
love.<<

What is it about the M3? I feel the same way. I had mine out the other day along
with my old DR Summicron -- wondering if I should sell one or both. I'd
forgotton how absolutely incredible the M3 viewfinder is for 50mm. I wish I had
the discipline to use that focal length only. And the shutter has sweet sound
that is totally unique. It truly is a classic in every sense. But for everyday
use I still go back to my M6. The metering is just too convenient. I don't want
to sell my M3, because I know I'd never buy another. And it sure is nice to use
one now and again.

Dave