Subject: [Leica] LUG meeting in Pacific Northwest
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:05:04 -0800

There has been some discussion of putting together a LUG gathering in the
Pacific Northwest -- either in July or August this summer.  If anyone is
interested in attending, or helping with planning of the event, please e-mail
me.

One early suggestion is to have a  long weekend event (3-4 days).  Meet Thursday
evening or Friday morning in Portland, Oregon and for the next two days do one
or more of the following...
1) Visit the Columbia River Gorge and Mt Hood (1 hour drive east).
2) Visit the Oregon Coast (1-2 hours west).
3) Visit Mt St Helens (1.5 hours North).
4) Sit in Starbucks at Downtown's Pioneer Square and watch it rain. (July-Aug
are the months where rain is least likely)

There's a very nice rental lab in Portland for developing and printing b/w &
color. (The lab is closed Sunday, but with enough interest we may be able to
arrange to open it for LUG attendees).

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has put together or attended a LUG
meeting in the past, regarding what worked well and what did not.

Again, e-mail me if you're interested. Thanks.
Dave Rodgers