Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux info requested
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 20:34:17 -0600

Mitch,

I saved a few extra dollars to get the more recent version with the
builtin hood...much nicer than th eolder clip on thing...blocks less
finder and does not fall off and get lost.  IMHO the newer version was
worth the extra hundred dollars or so.

My version takes e60 filter size the older was a smaller size, I think
e58?

>-  If I had a choice, separated by just a couple hundred dollars for the same
>reported equipment condition, should I go with the more recent (5 to 10 years
>or more) lens?
>
>-  Would the newer lens contain newer coatings or any other construction
>measures I should be aware of?  I know of the newer ones (1994 2nd version)
>with the built in lens hood and feel those are still a little pricey for me.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com