Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash fill in with Leica M & Contax G.
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:45:45 +0800

Fellow LUGgers,

The flash fill system for G2 is actually controllable.  The exposure
compensation dial controls both ambient and flash exposure.

When the flash is fully charged the EC dial becomes a fill control for
TTL flash.  If you wish to control both ambient and flash fill, first
use the EC dial to set the degree of compensation you require, and lock
the ambient light exposure with the AEL switch, and once the flash is
chraged the EC dial controls the degree of flash fill.  For example,
when I use Fuji NPH 400, I dial in +2/3 with the EC dial, lock the EV
with the AFL switch, when the flash is charged I dial in -2/3 with the
EC dial for reduce the amount of fill for a more natural look.

Hope this helps.

JY