Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson Stylus 900?
From: RedDrake@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:19:14 EST

In a message dated 3/22/99 3:19:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-leica-
users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<<
 I am not familiar with the 900, but I have an Epson Stylus 600 which I bought
in
 '97 and an Epson Stylus Photo 700 which I bought last fall. I have never had
any
 problems with either printer. I don't use the 600 much anymore, since I
upgraded
 to the Photo, but on my wall I have a color print made with it over 1 year
ago;
 I recently printed the same image again to enter it into a competition. As I
 look at the two prints side by side, I cannot see any evidence of fading on
the
 print that has hung on the wall. It should be said that the print on the wall
is
 never subject to direct sunlight. I have another print, however, which hangs
in
 a location where the light level is generally higher, including some direct
 sunlight part of the day (but remember, I live in Belgium, where it is cloudy
 and rainy most of the time). That print is holding up just fine as well,
 although I have not made a side-by-side comparison with a fresh one.

Mostly I have had similar experiences, however one print I've had in
flourescent
light for about 2.5 years has faded noticeably. Wilhelm research says they
rate the glossy film epson prints about 2-3 years in 50% light 50% dark. Mine
was continuous light (they never turn the lights off at work). On the other
hand,
I've had some prints in my window for 6 months without much if any fading.