Subject: [Leica] Leica M for studio work
From: RFMGabe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:38:33 EST

Once again I seem to be doing things back asswards. Brian Bower in his book,
Leica M  Photography, says the Leica M is NOT the camera to use in the studio.
While I don’t disagree with his main idea that the Leica M is best suited for
hand held general photography within the range of 28mm to 135mm, I still find
a great amount of enjoyment using my Leica M4-P with my Norman studio strobe
unit.
	Currently, I’m using the M4-P with a 50mm Summicron, and getting great
results from my home studio images lighted through a white umbrella. I’m using
Fujichrome ASTIA, and this film with the above equipment equals very enjoyable
images.
	I do images of my wife dressed in leather, tattoos, and other odd stuff, and
I find the idea of using an M4-P to do fetish images very exciting.
	I guess my point is that I disagree with Brian Bower when he says that the
Leica M isn’t really made to do studio work. My experience has convinced me
that my Leica M is fun to use in the studio. You could almost say that I have
a fetish for using the Leica M in the studio!
Bob Gabriel