Subject: [Leica] RE:AA vs. HCB
From: "Aubin, Norman C" <Norman.Aubin@Europe.Boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:52:04 -0000

(de-lurking . . . .ping!!)

Thats easy, I am!  I still think AA's pictures and his technique are my
favorite.  Not to say that there
aren't many others who also do wonderful work, but AA sets a standard that I
aspire to.  I like my
M6 and 24, 50 & 90mm lenses for walking about taking pictures when I can't
carry my 4x5 or expect
it to be useable for that specific type of shot, but frankly, I still like
big negatives and perspective
control when making pictures.  I'm seriously looking at 8x10 soon, but still
will carry my M6 everywhere
I go!

Thats one nice thing about this: there are different tools for different
types of photography, and I can indulge
in them all to one extent or another, time, skill and money permitting!

As for whether HCB likes AA's work or style, or intent, or vice-a-versa;
its interesting to speculate
over a few beers about that, but truth be told, its absolutely irrelevant to
me when I pick up a camera
to say what I want to say with my pictures.  I'm more interested in figuring
out how to say what I want to say.

take care-

Norm Aubin

(back to the shadows)