Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Our existential pleasures
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:04:26 EST

Ok Jim:

1.  Taking your comments seriously for a moment; although, I never take myself
too seriously...ask my wife...and to indulge my interests here regarding S >
(I =E) etc.

2.  S > (I =E) is a highly systemic personality (photographer)  who sadly over
values the systemic habitual evaluative habits (thought styles or value
vision...S value vision in this case) to an excessive (dysfunctional, self
defeating) degree and well beyond the I (Instrinci value vision (persons)) and
beyond the E (Extrinsic value vision (material world, the practical world and
the social world).   The equation characterizes a person with extreme S-
sensitivity that is out of balance with I-vision and E-vision components.  It
is a balance of  I, E, and S and the hierarchical subordination of E and S
under I that gives a personality (photographers) optimal flexibility and
creativity.  Some of these individuals make good theoreticians, mathematicians
and it is only hoped that some degree of I and E activity exists in their
value universe to facilitate their human relations.  Such a person can get in
trouble with people...the extreme, uncompensated case with little co-play and
counter-play (checks and balances) among the instruments (I, E, S) of the
valuational orchestra.

      A.   E.g., Excessisve E-vision or E-Photographers fixate on the camera
and lenses.  They are equipment freaks.  They can also fixate on the human
body, others or their own, they can be materialists to a falt.  This value
astigmatism is captured by the formula:  E > (I=S).  .

       B.  Excessive S-vision or S-Photographers will tend to fixate on the
technicalities of composition, the rules of compositions (brining systems and
order to an image), geometric, textural, architectural subjects etc.  This
value astigmatism is captured by the formula:  S > (I=E) .

       C.  Excessive I-vision bias or I-Photographers will be love-slobs
living to please others more than themselves...this is the best value
astigmatism of the three, the least of the evil distortions; for, such
individuals compensate well.

3.  Concluding:  needed here for optimal photographic creativity:  a balance
of these core dimensions of value symbolized by I = E = S and hierarchical
subordination of E to I and S to E etc.  This is an ideal value structure;
but, never attained in the real world...however, the more the photographer
deviates from this ideal the more compromised he or she is and the less
creative and successful generally.

Yes, sparks will fly and their is as danger of spontaneous combustion in a
highly biased S-Photogapher.  S-Personalities (people who preferentially value
self and world in doctrinaire, ideological ways (Highly S-vision biased) tend
to be stiff, rigid, uncreative, good soldiers, and fixated on systems and
order...they can be control freaks and fanatics.  The S-vision dimension
admits to degree.  But, you're right about "fire and combustion"...they are
prone to excesses of this sort.

Best of Value Vision (I-vision; E-vision and S-vision) and Best of Light (
Especially 1st Light and Last Light),

Leon
LP6@aol.com