Subject: [Leica] copying
From: allan jay silver <silver@proaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:30:54 -0800

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:30:02 -0600
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning and copying old polaroid photos

At 11:20 AM 3/15/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Alas, the glossy finish of the polaroid is a fine catcher of unwanted
>reflections! Can anyone will experience of copying work suggest what I
>can do to eliminate these reflections?

I have done extensive copying in the past years. Since the object is still
life and stationery I would set up a flood light on either side of the
photo at an angle of about 45 degrees, equally spaced. tnen check your
viewfinder for any spurious reflections.  I would then try to obtain the
appropriate filter to correct for the low kelvin illumination
and place it over the lens during exposure.  If you don't have the proper
filter holder then get an oversized filter and manually hold it over the
camera lens.  Hope this works.  Remember to compenste for the increased
f-stop because of your nearness to the subject.

allan