Subject: Re: [Leica] copying
From: Zeissleica@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:19:28 EST

In a message dated 3/16/99 4:21:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
silver@proaxis.com writes:

> I have done extensive copying in the past years. Since the object is still
>  life and stationery I would set up a flood light on either side of the
>  photo at an angle of about 45 degrees, equally spaced. tnen check your
>  viewfinder for any spurious reflections.  I would then try to obtain the
>  appropriate filter to correct for the low kelvin illumination
>  and place it over the lens during exposure.  If you don't have the proper
>  filter holder then get an oversized filter and manually hold it over the
>  camera lens.  Hope this works.  Remember to compenste for the increased
>  f-stop because of your nearness to the subject.
>
>  allan

Having done it professionally for the better part of a decade (pin-registered
Forox camera), I would add that the side illumination can have polarizers
attached (as well as the lens), base can be covered with non-reflective black
velvet and foam core can be placed around the front of the camera, faced with
the same non-reflective black velvet.

Test with the appropiate film stock and you're set.

/Mitch