Subject: RE: [Leica] Need Lens advice, please help!
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:42:17 -0800

Of my M lenses, the 35mm Summicron ASPH gets the most use.
It's small, comfortable, and provides a wide enough view without
distorting the subject or reducing the subject to a small part of the
frame. Also, the viewfinder for the non-HM M6 is sweet at 35mm.

Second most frequent is the 24mm for me, followed by the 50mm
Summicron.

If I had to use only one lens, I would take the 35 Summicron. It
probably doesn't matter if you get an older non-ASPH, as these
are smaller and lighter than the 35 ASPH and perform about
as well; in fact, for most things, exactly as well. Also, they're
plentiful and cheap on the used market.

And somebody on this group must have an opinion about
the older 50 Summiluxes, if you have a need for speed.
The 35 non-ASPH Summilux also has fans, and sure
is small.

- -Al