Subject: [Leica] lens buying advice for new M6 owner
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:02:02 -0600

I think that if you are starting out from ground zero it would be good to
get the best you can afford.  You will have these lenses for a long long
long time.

My first M lens (which I still have) is a 35mm f2 summicron in chrome form
the sixties.  A great lens overall.  My second lens was a mid 70s  90mm f2
summicron (which I still also have).  Its a good lens wide open until around
f5.6 IMHO.  I think the lens should eventually go in as the aperture blades
are a little too shiney for my tastes.    Those two lenses I bought used for
less than $400 nearly 20 years ago.  The only new lens I have bought is the
famed 50mm f2 summicron.  I am very pleased with that optic.  Now I am just
waiting for my M camera to get an estimate back so I can send in a check for
its overhaul at DAG.

Remember, buy the best condition you can afford.  If you can find a good
demo lens that would be an excellent choice.

gck