Subject: RE: [Leica] M sound levels (was M4-P opinions)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:18:54 -0500

I may well be crazy - but then I suspect that everyone on this list is to
one degree or another :-) - but let me make the following suggestion:

Get a tape recorder. Take the recorder and your M4-P and M6, into a closet,
or some other totally quiet environment. With the mike the same distance
from each camera, record the sounds of the shutters at various speeds, but
record the sounds of the M4-P on one unlabeled tape cassette with a tiny
piece of black tape on the bottom side, and the M6 on another, identical,
cassette, with a piece of white tape on the bottom side. Shuffle the
cassettes. Listen to the sounds.

I'll bet they're the same, or so damn close that you're the only person who
could possibly tell them apart. :-)
B. D.

Shuffle the cassette