Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] M sound levels
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:29:36 -0500

>If you're in the closet with the lights off and your eyes closed, how can
you
>tell anything about the content of a photograph?  Does the addition of the
>tape recorder, manual or automatic, help in determining the overall image
>quality of the photograph that you're looking at in the dark with your eyes
>closed?
>
>I don't mean to start a flame war or hurt anyone's feelings, but image
content
>and quality is far more important than arguing over which model is quieter.
>quiet camera is only one element of unobtrusive photography. One's
composure
>and professionalism is at least as important as the particular box in use.
The
>best photographs come from the hard work of gaining access to and the trust
of
>a subject rather than sneaking images with quiet camera or the absence of a
>flash.
>
>Rick Musacchio
- ---
Rick - That entire closet thing was meant to be "funny" - perhaps sarcastic
is a better word. It was posted in response to a number of posts about
shutter sounds in M4P v M6s v M3s....The entire "closet post" could have
been boiled down to ... "oh fe Crisssssake! Just go take pictures..." Which
is to say that I agree with you entirely... :-)..B. D.