Subject: Re: [Leica] Which would you choose?
From: Jim Bauman <jbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 19:19:34 -0800

Well, I think the gray haired crowed would say that the
Leicas bring the most pleasure, especially those cameras
and lenses that they've had for a long time.  Who hasn't sat
back with their old SM or M and (fondly) remembered specific
occasions and pictures from long ago?  I remember buying my
M4 in LA 30 years ago like it was yesterday. But damn, I cannot
for the life of me remember where or when I bought my M2. That's
scary...

These hunks of glass and metal form a nice bridge to the past
like no computer ever will. OK...so I sometimes long for a PDP 8/L,
but that feeling goes away fast with a shudder....

Jim Bauman