Subject: [Leica] Re: Packing materials from Leica NJ
From: Jim Bauman <jbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:04:59 -0800

I haven't (yet) received my package from NJ, but I can understand
why they would pack lightly. The primary hazard they want to protect
the camera from is shock.  Packing lightly allows a little more movement
inside the box, which in a shock situation may be good.  The rate of
decelleration is slower than it would be in a tightly packed box.

While light packing does little to help when the box is crushed under
the weight of the traveling elephant, those instances are (I guess)
more rare than shock caused by FedEx's version of John Elway.

Jim Bauman