Subject: Re: [Leica] The <SNIP> for the Leically Impaired....
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 13:39:08 -0500

Well, the problems don't surprise me -- it does require a kind of act of
faith -- but I've never had a problem loading the IIf I've had for 35 years
(handed down to me by my father). He carefully explained that the secret in
trimming the leader is to avoid having an open sprocket hole or any other
burr on the edge where the stock reaches full width. Otherwise it can catch
and hang up the film.

He also tried to teach me to throw a curve ball, which turned out to be
much more difficult.///Dick Baznik
____________

At 12:18 PM 3/2/99 -0500, Marc wrote:
>The problems folks have with loading LTM cameras never ceases to amaze me.
>My first Leica was a IIIc (which, of course, I still have!)  The salesman
>opened the baseplate, showed me the decal indicating how the film was to be
>cut, took out a roll of film, clipped it with the scissors on his pocket
>knife, and had me load it.
>
>Never had a problem since.
>
>Marc

Richard E. Baznik