Subject: Re: [Leica] What's wrong with my HP Scanner?
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:13:19 -0800

Completely true, B.D. I bought the HP Photosmart scanner 3 weeks ago from PC
Connection, got slapped with a 3-week flu bug, finally opened the box yesterday
and scanned a few optimally exposed slides. My findings? Absolute garbage! The
shadow areas were tacky and each slide's complete field area was muted, hazy,
and untrue in color hues. I called PC Connection yesterday and they gave me a
return merchandise authorization number and a full refund promise, and back to
them the scanner went this morn via UPS. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to find
a decent rating on any slide scanners under $2,000. Bummer!!!! Thanks to same, I
intend to continue to primarily expose print film rather than reversal. Damn!

Terry