Subject: RE: [Leica] What's wrong with my HP Scanner?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:09:11 -0500

I haven't done much slide scanning with my HP, but what little I've done has
been less than terrific. On the other hand, using vuesmart, negative
scanning is really terrific - esp. for the price of the scanner. But price
aside, with Vusmart I'm discovered that I can scan an XP2 Super neg, crop
it, and blow up the crop to over 8x10 and still get a really good print off
the Epson Stylus 700.

The bottom line may be that if you are primarilly a negative shooter - b&w
or color - the HP is a satisfactory machine. But if you're going to be doing
primarilly slide, or a fair number of slides, you need to go for a better
machine....

B. D.