Subject: [Leica] M6 shutter problems - light leakage
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:08:58 -0000

I have just started experiencing what I am told is light leakage around the
shutter blinds of my M6 (about 10 yrs old).   I have noticed it on a few
negatives (about 2 or 3 per film) particularly when there is a highlight at
the frame edge and when the lens is being used wide open and at a slow
shutter speed (i.e. in lowish light situations such as 1/30 @ f2).   It
manifests itself with the highlight "spreading" into the film rebate.

Before I take it to my friendly Leica agent, is there anything I should know
(like it is terminal!) and/or is there anything I can do myself.   I am
thinking of trading it for another body - would this be wise?   He has a M6
"Traveller" which I have never heard of - any information?

Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

Gerry (UK)