Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:33:54 -0800

Tom Bryant wrote:

> Hl Luggers,
>    snip
> 5: Which is the better of the two aforementioned lenses? And why?
snip
>     The Summilux. Snip
Charton Heston you aint buddy. This particular commandment aint written
in stone yet. The Sumicron for Leica is the Kodachrome for Kodak: its
main... (I forgot the word) deal.
Snip
> 10: Which Leica body design is considered the best?  (No fighting now!)
>     The late model M3.
DD or SD?. The people who work in the factory think DD. But their
particular expertise is not in the shooting of the cameras is it? As far
a the using of the cameras go the Leica M is widely considered to be
very much a wide angle camera; problematical with the needed eyes on the
M3. I'm not saying its not a great camera.
Snip
> 29: Who was the designer/inventor of the Noctilux?
>     It's a variant of the double Gauss design, so I'll say Carl F. Gauss.
The guy who gave us the Gaussian Blur Filter in Photoshop undoubtably.
Snip
Mark :-) Rabiner