Subject: [Leica] Yvonne's website: comments
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:01:52 -0500

Francesco <fls@san.rr.com> wrote:

>I posted a note a few days ago that my fiancee Yvonne, an amateur
>photographer had posted a few pages of images on her new site
>http://www.photorealm.com.
>
>So far, we have only received 3 comment emails ...

Francesco,

At your request, I did actually try to look at Yvonne's photos the other
day, but discovered that I'd need to install a new web browser that can
do "frames".

Hey, if you want lots of people to check out your website, at least
make it easy for them.  Asking me to check out Yvonne's website is fine,
I don't mind.  But expecting me to install a new software package, just
to get there -- well, it ain't gonna happen.  I refuse to install, for
security and stability reasons, a browser that implements "cookies",
Java, and other merely gaudy techno-features.

If you want to see how good a website can be, that uses only the most
basic HTML and is accessible to any and every browser out there, have a
look at Philip Greenspun's site:
http://www.photo.net

You will also find there Mr. Greenspun's opinions on what constitutes
a well-designed web page, and what does not.  Highly recommended:
http://www.photo.net/wtr/thebook/html.html

I'm sorry that I was unable to offer an opinion on the photos.

Best regards,
- --
Pieter Bras