From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:09:05 -0800

Carl Socolow wrote:

>This is just a getaway trip solely to photograph. My assistant will be
>bringing his 8x10 and 3 boxes of black & white film. The rationale for
>the trip is that we've been doing everyone else's work for the past year
>so it's time to do some work for ourselves. >>>>>>>>

Hi Carl,

I was about to post a similar message. My wife Irene, Sandy my assistant
and m'self are on our way to California in the moning....weather permitting
and we're not kept island bound.

A couple of weeks in southern sunny California is sure going to be great
for the soul after the seemingly endless rain of the past 3 months.  The
Leicas, M and R8 are going to get a very solid workout along the coast.

Well that's the plan. However you never know with two women riding up front
and me tail gunner! :) It could be the trip to hell and back! :)

I'm keeping one credit card clean from charges in case I want to leave them
and fly home alone! :)

I'll shut down later.
ted

Ted Grant