Subject: [Leica] back to Leica dialogue!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:48:54 -0800

Howdy folks,

Well it's sure been a tumultuous couple of weeks of "off topic" subjects
appearing more than the real reason we're here: the Leica camera.

So how be we try this to get the topics back on line;

25 easy to answer? Leica questions. :)

1: when did the first Leica appear?

2: Who invented the Leica?  And when?

3: What is the NOOKEY"   "I did not have sex with that camera!" :)

4: what is the actual difference between a Summicron and a Summilux?

5: Which is the better of the two aforementioned lenses? And why?

6: When did the first Leicaflex appear on the market?

7: Is it true that senior E Lietz thought the SLR camera design was a fad?

8  How many screw mount Leicas were made?

9:  Before WW2 and after?

10: Which Leica body design is considered the best?  (No fighting now!)

11: Which one actually "IS THE BEST TO DATE?"

12: Is the Noctilux the best Leica lens ever made for speed?

13: How about registering on film quality?

14: Did the early M4 cameras have a fault inside that caused scratching length
    wise on the film?

15: Of the Leica zoom lenses..which is considerd the best? To date?

16: Who is considered the greatest all round Leica photographer to date?

17: If there were only one camera in the Leica world which model would you
have?

18: What is the difference between the IIIF and the IIIG?

19: What year and model did the rangefinder become enclosed as part of the
body?

29: Who was the designer/inventor of the Noctilux?

21: What other lenses was he responsible for?

22: Are chrome or black lenses different in weight?

23: When did the first black body Leica appear on the market?

24: Which is longer? The 2" Summicron or the 50MM Summicron? Black or chrome?

25: What do you consider the best combination of lenses for amateur use?

OK. I could probably add another 100 questions but this should keep some of
you busy and hopefully on topic!:)

And for sure don't expect me to give the right answers! I just ask the
questions for things I wondered what the answer was. :)  Please no fighting
and arguing as some of these can be answered through feelings, so be kind
to each other.

Me? heck I'm going to California for some sunshine and I thought this might
keep you folks busy for a couple weeks while I'm power tanning by the sea!
:) Oh Yeah and taking some happy snaps!
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant