Subject: [Leica] MALUG: wish you were there!
From: "Paul T. Winkfield" <pwink@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:57:49 -0800

Hi All

One word to describe my MALUG experience WHATASHOW! (opps 3 words, that my 'M4-2 motor
mouth' online;-)  Bill, Francois, and Mike efforts was awesome! Great food,
Super Hotel, the speakers ditto: Bill Bivins spin on Leica  Everready cases brought guilt
to me,
I always threw mine into the 'black hole' of my closet, now I have new respect of them,
maybe I'll sell them instead!;-)

We all introduced ourselves (me the 'Leica in movie/TV spotter), Its cool to finally see
the
faces behind the words, and how fascinating how our 'real lives' criss-cross to be
'joined at the hip' of a Leica.

The works Grace and Sal showed was super! she uses a paper (Forte i think) that looked
toned but she does not tone ( i hate toning chemicals). Her fotos had a richness that only

toning of other papers could only come close.  Sal's slide show reinforced his great
abilities
over the years. We also learned a great prayer to use when you shoot Leica stretched up
over your head!

The LUG sideshow was small but oh! what quality! even though  the slides was installed
backwards in the projector ;-) our images proved Leica equipment (and one Minox GT)
is quality remembered long after price is forgotten. (at least i try to forget!)

Our trip home was super fun, my wife and I, Sal and Ting trained back home where we
shared 'war' stories. I'll never forget this experience!

I vote that we should get together again;  and I'll run the projector (I'm just ribbing
you guys
Honest!!! ;-)

Again, a thousand M style 'soft clicks' to Bill, Mike, Francois!! would I be too wild in
proclaiming you guys as the "M Squad?!

<paul>