Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] High School track meet (let's try this again)
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 05:43:04 -0500

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Mark Rabiner wrote:

<SNIP>
>You are in the awkward position of not wanting to appear to be or in any
>level be a ripoff  of your stepdaughters friends so you are going to end
>up being a poorly paid errand boy on this one IMO
<SNIP>

Mark,

I'm not doing this to make money.  I've got a 9-to-5 for that.  One of the
main reasons I'm doing this is to stay involved with my stepdaughter's
activities.  She could very easily get into big-time trouble w/o
constructive activities like this.  Some of the coaches are volunteers
because they know the value of organized high school sports.  The meet
officials are all volunteers (the parents, like me).  The families pay zero
out-of-pocket expenses; team costs are covered with fund-raising
activities.  I don't mind contributing to my stepdaughter's future.  FWIW,
her biological father has been out of the picture since she was 3 yrs old;
I'm the only one she has.

I'm not giving the negs to anyone at any time.  The head coach scans the
machine prints he wants then gives 'em back.  I just want to charge
something like market rates for prints ordered by the parents so that 1)
I'm not cheating myself and 2) I don't cheapen the market.  I've got a
regular desk job as a mechanical engineer that pays the bills (mostly) and
I am CLUELESS as to what I should charge so that I don't cheapen the
market.  Nobody has ordered anything yet but I want to be prepared in case
the issue comes up.

Let's try this again.  Can someone help me with this?

Doug Herr
Sacramento