Subject: [Leica] High School track meet
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:16:29 -0500

I've volunteered to photograph my stepdaughter's track team for their web
page (www.lanset.com/ebwje) and would like any comments and/or suggestions
before the season gets too far along.  The team had an inter-squad meet
today and I was impressed with the coaching staff, the parent volunteers
and the athletes.

In this situation the winder's not much more than an electric thumb
particularly since I don't have a handgrip for it.  I'm using both R4sP
bodies, one with the 280 Telyt-V more-or-less permanently attached, the
other with 35 or 90 Summicron-R.  The field events are next to the track
separated by a chain-link fence so I did alot of running between the field
and the track.  I have nearly complete freedom to move among the events and
athletes so next time I'll think twice about bringing the 400 and 560.

Aside from providing images for the web page, the main purpose(s) of doing
this are to stay involved with my stepdaughter's activities and to broaden
and sharpen my photographic skills.

Several of the kids asked for photos of themselves in their events and I'll
gladly give them the machine prints after the head coach scans them for the
web page.  If the parents want larger prints, I thought I'd charge them for
my time and effort, as well as for a donation to the team.  I've read the
numerous posts about not selling your work cheap and I'd like to hear what
other LUGgers think is an appropriate price for prints in this context.

Doug Herr
Sacramento