Subject: Re: [Leica] High School track meet (let's try this again)
From: TAYFAMAMH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 07:30:36 EST

Doug:	I'm with you.  I think your doing this for all of the right reasons,
and, as an added bonus, you give the equip. some exercise.  It may grow into a
permanent assignment, but not if you maintain control of the situation.
You'll find that the kids really appreciate it, they'll show an interest in
the equipment, and at least one will offer to assist.  The yearbook staffs are
always short on knowledge and capable help.  Most important is that you've
figured a way to get closer to your daughter.

I've been in a similar situation with my daughters and their ballet.  The
classes are generally closed to parents, but if asked, I always jump at the
chance to photograph.   My "work" hangs on the studio walls and a Christmas
picture to the Director is always appreciated.  Our girls will have more than
just memories forever and you'll reap the benefits of your own fine work.  One
picture reminds me of the style you used to see in LIFE magazine: B&W, high
contrast and, well, old looking.

Charge cost if you can get it, then offer to take the team photo at the end of
the season.  If you don't get paid, so what.  You obviously enjoy what you're
doing and it will mean a lot to your daughter