Subject: [Leica] Well... many more of you will hate me now. (off topic, long)
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:48:06 -0800

The News Media.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, hear, and know, how biased our
news reporting establishment is. Anyone who cannot see that they constantly
take one side of issues, refuse to report issues that are clearly news and
important, and generally speak in a manner that is ambiguous, is either
still in his/her mothers womb, or dead.

It's not until they perceive that public backlash is about to rear it's
ugly head, that the news media will start scrambling for high ground. They
basically run with what they conceive is either the "popular" or
"establishment" outlook, regardless of any morals, conscience, duties,
whatever... They have their own agenda and continue to perpetrate it onto
the public at large.

A major problem is, the majority of the citizens, take literally what they
hear or read in/on the "news", without questioning the validity or origin
of the information. Like a lawyer in a courtroom, the news media can word
"the news" in a way so that it leads one to believe exactly the opposite of
what is true.

The lowly reporter, with his/her notebook, writing down what is happening.
The lowly photographer photographing a situation. Neither has a chance of
telling the truth. The "higher levels" of the organized news media will
message these truths, into whatever fits the agenda of the moment. Perhaps
the small "hometown" rags and very local air ways can publish true "local"
stories. Unless, of course, the owner of the newspaper or TV/radio station
wants to be Mayor/Attorney General/Governor/whatever. Almost without
exception, there is an agenda that will find its way into molding public
perception.

As I see it, like the Killer Whale, the news "mega-behemoth" (ABC, CBS,
NBC) including CNN (Communist News Network) and others, are the ULTIMATE
PREDATORS. They have NO KNOWN natural enemies. They may, as they choose,
run roughshod over anything and everything that does not fit their
political, or other self serving, agenda.

I DO NOT take a news paper. I will not contribute to the biased,
slanderous, diatribe, that these organizations call the news. I do not
watch junk like 20/20, 60 Minutes, etc... Total biased misery. Who needs it.

Of course, I'm human, and have occasionally watched these "news magazine"
programs. What appears to me is that they occasionally run a "public
interest" segment like "getting an innocent man off of death row", or
"finding a missing person" to keep their "credibility" level off the bottom
of the dumper. But again, most people watching these shows, actually
believe the stuff, in the exact manner that it is shown. Pathetic.

I do see the local evening news which covers mostly local happenings and a
smattering of national stuff. And the weather. Then on Friday night, when I
can stay up, I watch Leno. Always great to have a chuckle before going to bed.

On Saturday night, my wife of 31 years, and I usually rent a video. Either
a musical, comedy, or love story. Bruce Willis need not apply.

Jim