Subject: Re: [Leica] Well... many more of you will hate me now. (off topic, long)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:42:37 -0800

>The News Media.
>
>It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, hear, and know, how biased our
>news reporting establishment is. Anyone who cannot see that they constantly
>take one side of issues, refuse to report issues that are clearly news and
>important, and generally speak in a manner that is ambiguous, is either
>still in his/her mothers womb, or dead.

Not me Jim,  gotta tell you here's one who still loves ya! :)

Your post is right on the mark and this from someone with many years
experience in the news media.

At one time I was proud to be a news photographer simply because I was very
proud of being one.  But these days, does anyone really want to be
associated with the media?

Sure we have lads working for newspapers and wire service on the LUG, but I
know even they would have to agree the news delivery today isn't the class
act it once was.  At least in the "good old days" it was integrity and
reporting the news as it truthfully happened. Not the constant flow of
yellow diatribe we see so often these days.

However, I must say I lay the greater blame for the down fall of journalism
and lousy reporting directly on Television! As today it's a far greater
medium of "infomercial crap and image making" than honest down to earth
reporting the truth.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant