Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Finances
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 02:37:29 +0100

At 16:14 25/02/99 -0600, Larry wrote :

I suspect Leica didn't develop the R8 with the expectation of sales
dropping back to "the level of the long-term average attained by this
product range" in just 3 years.

>Larry

Larry,

I read the financial report too. But my interpretation of the same sentence
is different. By "the level of the long-term average", I understood that
the sales of R products were just equal to the mean of sales in the
past.Nothing alarming because a Leica "white knight" told me that the R8
has a huge potential of development : embodied motor, autofocus, digital
back.So I am confident of the future success of a R8 "new" or R9. But
presently I prefer to sleep on my 2 old R-cameras : 4s2 and 5.

Dominique Pellissier