Subject: Re: [Leica] olympus vs leica
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:20:39 +0100

At 02:45 24/02/99 +0100, Guido wrote :

>I'm also on the olympus list and I've recived this message any comments
about this:

>:Last month I bought an OM 4T body along with 28mm/f2.8,
50mm/f1.4,50mm/f1.8, 50mm/f3.5  [macro], and 100mm/f2.8 lenses. They were
all second hand from an established camera dealer [which also happens to
be an official outlet for Leica, Nikon, and Hasselblad] so I felt
comfortable that I was dealing with a legitimate and reputable source of
supply.I have been using a Leica M3 since 1965 and am M5 since 1987 along
with 35mm, 50mm, 90mm, and 135mm Leitz lenses so know all about sharp and
brilliant prints and slides.I have shot reels of Agfa Optima 100 ISO,
Fuji Reala 100 ISO, and Kodak Portra VC 160 ISO through my OM 4T at a
tropical plant conservatory in Vancouver using only available light
coming through the domed glass roof. The outside weather ranged from
bright sunlight in almost clear blue skies to cloud and overcast skies.
The films were all processed at the same place. I have the following
observations:

1. The sharpness and brilliance of the photos at all points on the prints
using all fives lenses at varying speeds and apertures was not one iota
less than I would have expected from my Leitz lenses. There is
absolutely

no lack of the depth or 3D effect in these Olympus photos and based on
this three film sample of experience I have to say that I can not imagine
any more superior performance from anywhere else.

5. I am *absolutely* sold on my Olympus equipment [the results are every
bit as good as those from the stuff made in Wetzlar or whereever!] as
well as VC 160 film for flowers and foliage in conditions like those I
experienced last week.

Let's hear it for Olympus.

I read some months ago in my newspaper <italic>Le Monde</italic>, the
most serious and respectable newspaper in France, an article on
individuals who are paid by companies in order to be "black" or "white
knight" on the web.It is a new form of economic war using
disinformation.

By repeating and commenting these messages, we are innocent accomplices
of these manipulations.

Dominique Pellissier