Subject: Re: [Leica] Olympus v. Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:45:19 -0800

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

> It is kind of silly to post Olympus v. Leica on a Leica group.  Each has
> their own virtues.  If you want a small SLR than the Olympu snip
> Granted there are Leica optics that are superior to the Olympus, but when it
> comes down to it, if your wallet can only afford beer, and you like beer,
> you don't need to buy champagne.
>
> Peter K.

In the Slr world of Leica other than the 8 we have the option of the
recently not made 6.2. all manual for our pristine Leica R glass and
possibly other older bodies at our own extream risk. Riskier even than
getting a new 8.
I think a great idea for Leica would be as an antithesis to the 8 come
out with a compact body for its lenses. Perhaps one with an integrated
built in winder on the side as is getting so popular and usefull. A
Camera for the masses.
That way we can carry around a macro with our M's.
I think they could pull that off. Perhaps with some help from Minolta. I
won't tell.
It would help turnover that glass which is just sitting there.
Mark Rabiner