Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 TTL RF misalignment
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:13:02 -0800

"Dr. Joseph Yao" wrote:

> Mark,
snip
> Assuming my TTL's RF problem is due to the weight of the Metz flash, the
> lighter 32 Z-2 should pose less of a problem.  However, if the RF
> misalignment is due to the tightening force of the flash foot securing
> knob, then the weight of the flash will be of less significance.
>
> Joseph
snip
I too have done a fair share of pulling the flash back from the hotshoe
without loosening it first but the issue that I have only one metal
contact coming out of my foot or shoe and you have several as you are in
the TTL realm.
When I received this flash (I had ordered it) I was a little put off by
it's being a bit larger that I had anticipated. Another reason why I am
still looking for the ultimate Leicaflash. I might even shell out some
needlessly extra bucks and get the one with the red dot. I would think
Metz makes this for Leica and it will come out the following month with
a METZ on it instead of a red dot for half the price. I love the low
slug fair (Mick JaggerProof) design of this flash. I'm very fond of
redeye. I just which it was 33.3% smaller to appear proportionate with
the M6 and have a half and quarter power capability and have a cord with
a sensor like the old Vivitar 283/5's. You should also consider scaling
down? But I say:
If the shoe fits wear it!
Mark Rabiner