Subject: [Leica] My M6 flash experiment
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:35:35 -0600

Well, I processed my experiment with my M6 from last night. I have to say
that the results were interesting, if not tack sharp. Lost of blur, with a
frozen image within.

For those who wonder what I'm talking about, I was photographing the SKA
band called Muhammad Skali last night at a local night club. I was shooting
with my M6 and 35 Summilux ASPH wide open at around 1/4 to 1/60 sec. (Wide
bracketing, light was really bad!) I noticed a woman with a point and
shoot. So I stopped down to 5.6 and set the shutter on bulb. When I saw her
put it up to her eye, I opened the shutter and held it open until I saw the
flash go off through my viewfinder. The results can be seen on my opening
web page. (see URL below).

Fun, if not terribly inspiring. I wish she had taken more pictures, I might
have gotten a better image.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is a  free  gift ? Aren't all gifts free?