Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:22:23 -0800

RBedw51767@aol.com wrote:

> Ken:
>
> I understand completely and I agree with you.  If I were a professional I
> would certainly not give up until I became the Senior Photographer.  Whatever
> that means.  I think that we have quite a few on our list that qualify as
> this.  It is hard to eat those titles isn't it?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Bob Bedwell
> << Bob,
>
> snip If I stop delivering
>  quality work, I will soon stop being an IT Professional. I think it is the
>  same for Professional Photography.  snip
>  Ken
>   >>

Well I'm getting into a lot of stuff here but five or six years ago I
reached a point in my career where I did stop delivering quality work
often fifteen years. I felt like my yellow page ad should have read
"Mediocrity is the Message." It got to a point when I was darn happy
when the film came out and their eyes were open. Finally I quit for a
year or two, now I'm back. Once or twice I had the good grace to talk
nice sounding people out of hiring me. Other times that was not a
financial option.
Realistically how many people are going to say "Yes, those poor suckers
have been hiring me for years, If I were you, I'd go elsewhere."?
Mark Rabiner 	He's back!