Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina/Reimbursement/Value Placed on Work?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:12:02 EST

Bryant:

Unfortunately many people relate value to price.  If it doesn't cost them
something that is what it is worth.  I am glad that you learned that lesson
early in life.  Unfortunately I was not smart enough to figure it out.  I hope
your are still playing your music!

Thanks for the note.

Bob Bedwell

<< Bob,

 I agree with your post.

 When I was in high school, I was blessed with the oppoutunity to join an
 established dance band quintet.  Early on I learned from the leader that
sometimes
 we do benefits, for publicity or whatever, and the rest of the time we
charged
 full fare.  He taught me that the first time you cut your rates, you lower
the
 public image that we worked so hard to create.

 Since then, I witnessed what happened to other bands that did play an
occasional
 cut rate gig.  Frequently their playing quality would be lowered to the price
they
 received.  BAD NEWS!!

 Since then I have been a full fare or for love kinda guy.  : )

 Bryant