Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in film
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:33:46 +0100

OLAF WILLOUGHBY wrote:

> [135mm framelines on an M6]

Olaf, with the M6, there is the case for the 135mm brightline VF that
sits in the accessory shoe (the SCOOBY-DOO code for this is SHOOC).
Check out http://www.pond.com/~lhsa/articles/hektor.html and scroll
down to the fist image to see what it looks like. If I recall correctly,
they go for about $150-$200 in the US in user condition.

The advantage is that it will give you a lifesize image with brightlines
to compose with.  The disadvantage is that you will have to focus
through the RF and then shift to the accessory VF to compose.  OTOH,
I'm guessing that most game is going to be at "infinity" anyway, and
there is always the option of "zone-focussing", although this is
trickier with long focal lengths.

Alternatively, get an M3 as backup and stick the 135 on that! ;-)

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------