Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in film
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:46:48 +0100

Hi Olaf,

The opinions on the usefulness of 135mm lenses on an M6 are divided, and I think
the only way to decide is to try--not in a camera shop, but in real
picture-taking situations over some period of time.. Now, the new Apo Telyt is
superb but not cheap. Instead, I suggest that you find a 4.5/135mm Hektor. This
lens is commonly available at prices around $200, so you are not taking any big
financial risk, and you will be able to really decide whether this focal length
is for you. I bought one last year, liked it and decided that I do like the long
lens. The Hektor is one the best bargains in the Leica world.

Nathan

OLAF WILLOUGHBY wrote:

> A question for fellow LUGGERS. My gear is M6 (not HM), 35mm and 90mm
> Summicrons. I am thinking of hiring or buying a 135mm to help me isolate
> game, landscape graphics, shipwrecks...etc. I've read Erwin's positive lens
> test and I'm sure tripod based results would be excellent. But I would be
> interested to hear from owners how they find actually using the tiny
> framelines and whether the lens is at all frustrating in practice.
>
> I look forward to your comments
> Olaf

- --
Nathan Wajsman