Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film speed
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:03:19 EST

Gib and Nathan:

The wide latitude of Delta 3200 makes me wonder how it would perform in the
400-800 ISO rating area.   I recently and stupidly mistook Delta 400 for Delta
100 and exposed it at ISO 50.  The negatives were dramatically overexposed but
I believe would have been very nice if processed correctly.   This leads me to
believe that D3200 might work beautifully at 10% of it's recommended ISO
rating. I totally agree with Nathan about pushing film.     I don't really
know what to expect but the thoughts of a truly universal ISO film appeals to
me.

Bob Bedwell

<< Hi Gib,

 In general I do stick to the film/developer combinations I mentioned. If I am
 somewhere with Delta 100 in the camera, and the situation calls for a higher
EI
 than 80, I change film to Delta 400 or Delta 3200 as required. I am not that
 advanced in the art of developing, and have never been able to get
satisfactory
 negatives out of the underexposure/overdevelopment combination. For that
reason,
 I avoid pushing film. Between the speed of D3200 (which for me is 1200-1600)
and
 my Noctilux, I rarely if ever have a need for pushing.