Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & tri-X
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:09:59 -0500

At 04:40 PM 2/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
>I'll just use Tri-x on a shoot or two and look at what the results are, if
>they aren't any worse than what the film and developer looked like from 37
>years ago I'm going to look pretty damn good. :) Let me assure you, I doubt
>it's going to look worse than T-Max in T-max developer!
>
>After all these years I may just switch back!
>
>Let you know. :)
>ted

ted -

I have been going through exactly the same feelings as I scan some of my
old negatives.  I'm very tempted to go back to Tri-x; however, I do end up
pushing a lot of the 400 to 800 and TMax does push better than Tri-x.
Tri-x tends to look better at 250 - 300.  I'll just have to try Tri-x again
with  my fastest lenses :-)     I took about half Tri-x to the Czech
Republic but haven't had a chance to look at that yet.  Have you tried the
XTol developer?  I like it better than TMax.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

http://www.charweb.org/arts/open/tinamanley