Subject: RE: [Leica] Younger photographers and Leica rangefinders
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:27:23 -0800

>Not ridiculous at all.  Only people I know who use Tri-X are you and several
>LUGs.  Everyone else uses TMax or T400CN. ;-]
>
>Peter K

You travel in the wrong circles.

I use HP5+, which I prefer slightly to Tri-X, but it is more a habit than a
serious preference. TMax or T400Cn or XP2+ have less grain, but poorer
tonality, in my experience for the shooting I do.

Since I also have larger formats, I use them when I need less grain; I do
not have to compromise with TMax or the others. Of the photographers I know
locally, by far the majority use Tr-X or HP-5 over TMax or T400CN for their
black and white work. 90% don't have any Leicas.

Try another survey.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com