Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meters
From: "Peter C. Palmieri" <palmieri@cybernex.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:20:03 -0500

Dan wrote (snip)--

+AD4-Don't let on or tell anybody, but I have two, both refurbed by Quality
Light
+AD4-Metric at about +ACQ-45 a whack- if you like the idea of a selenium meter, the
+AD4-Master V is a doozy+ACE-

I have one of these meters--I just found it the other day in one of my
camera bags+ACE- For nostalgia sake, I would like to get it working. Would you
please let me know how and where I can contact Quality Light?
Thanks,

Peter in NJ

+AD4-A lugger, who shall remain un-named since I wouldn't want his reputation
+AD4-sullied were it known he had a Weston Master V in his house, was kind
enough
+AD4-to send me a case and invercone. I am in HOG heaven+ACE-
+AD4-I used one in the 70's for weddings, and loved it. I jumped at the chance
+AD4-get another when I found out you could still get them fixed+ACE-  It is a
+AD4-perfect companion to a IIIf, and don't let anyone scare you away+ACE-
+AD4-Dan ( a retro kinda guy)
+AD4-
+AD4------Original Message-----
+AD4-From: John Hudson +ADw-jahudson+AEA-direct.ca+AD4-
+AD4-To: leica-users+AEA-mejac.palo-alto.ca.us +ADw-leica-users+AEA-mejac.palo-alto.ca.us+AD4-
+AD4-Date: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 7:59 PM
+AD4-Subject: +AFs-Leica+AF0- Light meters
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4APg-I was recently given an old British made Sangamo Western +ACI-Western Master
V+ACI-
+AD4APg-light meter complete with incident light cone. It was completely dead. It
+AD4APg-had previously been stored at room temperature unused for almost 30 years.
+AD4APg-Depressing the needle release button did not cause the needle to move off
+AD4APg-zero. A photo repair lab told me that the light cell +ACI-was exhausted+ACI- and
+AD4APg-that the meter should be junked.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-After sitting around with its new owener for six months at room
temperature
+AD4APg-the meter has come back to life. The meter readings are virtually
identical
+AD4APg-to those shown on my Lunasix 3.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-Are there any words of advice on whether this Western Master V needs to
+AD4APg-visit another repair technician or whether it could be on its last gasp of
+AD4APg-life before really becoming exhausted?
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-jh
+AD4APg-
+AD4-