Subject: Re: [Leica] Glass Used for Framing
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:20:58 -0800

Peter in NJ wrote:
>My questions are these:
>>What is the best framing glass for photos?
>Should photos be framed without using any glass at all?>>>>>

Peter,
you will receive 999 different answers to these questions! :)

I've had prints framed with anti-reflective UV glass....too darn expensive!@

I've had them framed with plain anti-reflective glass....still too expensive.

Then I asked one of the people at an art gallery one day, "what kind of
glass do you put over art and photographs?"

"just plain glass unless they are hanging in an area where there is any
possibility of sunlight!"

So ever since then I frame with the ordinary glass and be damned with all
the fancy, "super expensive" people worrying about UV stuff and all that!
Sure they might fade down the line abit, but what the heck make another
print and your right back with a nice print and it's much cheaper!:)

Now you can get ready for 998 more responses. :)
FWIW
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant