Subject: Re: [Leica] Glass Used for Framing
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:10:00 +0000

>My questions are these:
>
>What is the best framing glass for photos?
>
>Should photos be framed without using any glass at all?
>
>Peter in NJ

My recommendation would be non-reflective THIN glass. Good quality thin
glass does not present a problem with darkening. My framer sets the glass
about one cardboard thickness distance from the picture and this will avoid
sticking.  Ordinary glass is too reflective for one to view the picture
comfortably.

I avoid using glass when I mount the picture onto a mounting board with an
adequate border and without frames.  I think the use of frames is best
complemented by the use of glass.

Just my thoughts and the way I handle my pics.

Dan K.