Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to Italy
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:28:33 EST

I'm sure you will get plenty of tips regarding your upcoming trip to Italy.  I
would like to offer two tips:

(1)Go into the Cathedral of Santa Croce in Florence.  First crypt on the right
is Michaelangelo's...well worth viewing (in awe).  Others in the same
cathedral are Marconi, Machiavelli, daVinci, and others.  It boggles the mind
to be in one room with such history.

(2)As far as street crime, I wear a hunting/photo vest with my equipment/film,
etc in the pockets and I wear a lightweight jacket over the vest.  You'll be
warm, and it makes it difficult for a thief to quickly grab and run with your
stuff!  Plus, you can carry much more with you than with just the jacket
alone.  And, you can leave the camera bag locked in the trunk of your car.

Enjoy Italy!   You'll fall in love with the people/food/etc.

Bennett Gardner

(email me privately for more info  if you need.)